I was born and raised in Dallas. I currently live in East Dallas and work in Addison full-time as a marketing coordinator for a technology company. I graduated from SMU in 2011 with a bachelors in journalism. I also minored in English and Chinese (but I don’t remember a lick of it. Sadface.).
I first started Deep Fried Fit in 2013 to chronicle all of my food and fitness adventures around Dallas. I enjoy reviewing races, fitness studios and their classes. I live a very experience based life and love trying new things all the time. I also realized for a lot of other people, stepping foot into a new studio or heading to an unfamiliar neighborhood can be really intimidating for the first time and thought giving you, my readers, the breakdown of a new studio or what’s on the menu might encourage you to try something new too.
I hope you continue to follow my journey. Definitely read through my blog and let me know what you think. I’d love to hear what you like, what you want to hear more about, or simply just say hello. Till next time! Cheers!
Here are 20 random facts about me:
1. My favorite foods are fried chicken and spaghetti.
2. I enjoy playing flag football, volleyball and broom ball.
3. My name is pronounced May Lin.
4. Drink of choice is good scotch/whisky. Neat. But I do love wine and tequila.
5. I have asthma and a very sexy inhaler that comes with it.
6. I’m also the runt of my family. At 5 ft and HALF an inch, I’m the shortest and smallest person in my family.
7. I’ve read all of the Harry Potter books at least 5 times.
8. I never leave the house without my chapstick and eye drops.
9. I am in my mid twenties.
10. My pet peeves are tardiness and mispronouncing names.
11. I am Chinese American, but my parents brought me up with tons of influences: Chinese, Cambodian, Thai, Laos and Vietnamese. It’s no wonder I love food so much.
12. I’ve actually beat the entire game of House of the Dead and Time Crisis III in an arcade in one long session. My hand stayed in the shape of a claw for a good day or two after.
13. I love zombie movies!
14. I’ve torn my ACL and have had knee surgery to repair it.
15. I have an irrational fear of bugs crawling into my ears.
16. I love wearing dresses. My closet is bursting with all the dresses I’ve collected over the years.
17. The hair of my left eyebrow is half-white. Some weird birthmark…shrugs
18. Some of my favorite artists are The XX, Coldplay, The Weeknd, Chris Brown, Lana Del Rey, Sade, and OneRepublic.
19. I’m a lefty! Go lefties!
20. I live in a 100 year old house that is haunted.